1 pound cream cheese, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Caramelized Pecans, optional
1. Cream pumpkin, condensed milk, cream cheese, eggs, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg by beating until mixture is smooth. Uncooked filling will have thick liquid texture.
2. Pour filling into chilled crust. Do not overfill.
3. Bake at 300 degrees until filling is puffed and firm to touch, 50 to 60 minutes. (If using 2 pie tins, cooking time will be about 10 minutes less.) Cool on rack.
4. When cool, remove cheesecake from pan and place on serving plate. (If using pie tins, do not remove.)
5. If desired, decorate with precooked crust cutouts and Caramelized Pecans. Decorate while still warm so decorations will adhere.
Each of 12 servings, without Caramelized Pecans: 516 calories; 614 mg sodium; 188 mg cholesterol; 34 grams fat; 44 grams carbohydrates; 11 grams protein; 0.64 gram fiber.
Servings: 1/2 cup pecans
Active Work Time: 10 minutes
Total Preparation Time: 25 minutes
1/2 tablespoon butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 cup pecan halves
1. Melt butter in small skillet over medium-high heat and add sugar and nuts. Stir constantly until sugar loses grainy appearance, about 5 minutes.
2. Pour nuts onto sheet of aluminum foil and let cool about 15 minutes. Store up to 2 days in airtight container.
Each tablespoon: 59 calories, 7 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 5 grams fat, 3 grams carbohydrates, 1 gram protein, 0.12 grams fiber.