Note: Leave some space between the scallops and the crimped edge to allow the packet to puff up.
4 medium ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4cup niçoise olives, pitted and chopped
Coarse sea salt and black pepper to taste
16 fresh basil leaves, washed and dried
16 sea scallops (about
1 1/3 pounds)
1. Heat the oven to 450 degrees. Cut out 4 sheets of parchment paper measuring 15 by 12 inches. Fold in half and cut into the shape of half a heart. Brush each sheet lightly with oil along the fold on one side of the heart. Set aside.
2. Drain the tomatoes well to remove as much liquid as possible. Combine with the garlic and olives and season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Divide the mixture among the sheets of parchment, placing the mixture along the fold on one side of the heart. Place 2 basil leaves on top of each mound of tomatoes followed by 4 scallops. Drizzle 1 teaspoon of olive oil on each and season with salt and pepper. Divide the remaining basil leaves among the mounds.
4. Fold one side of the parchment packets over and crimp the edges tightly to seal completely. Place the packets on a baking sheet.
5. Bake until the packets puff up and the contents bubble, about 15 minutes. Transfer the packets to serving plates and slit each open with a sharp knife. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 158 calories; 14 grams protein; 8 grams carbohydrates; 2 grams fiber; 8 grams fat; 1 gram saturated fat; 24 mg. cholesterol; 225 mg. sodium.
Shiitakes and corn en papillote
Total time: 30 minutes