2. Stir in the honey, stirring until the honey is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.
4. Spoon into tea cups to serve.
Each serving: 43 calories; 0 protein; 12 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 1 mg. sodium.
Moroccan tea ice
Total time: 8 minutes, plus cooling and freezing time
Servings: 4 servings
Note: From "Couscous and Other Good Food From Morocco," by Paula Wolfert (Harper & Row, 1987)
3 cups boiling water
1 tablespoon Chinese green tea
1/3 cup sugar
1 bunch fresh spearmint
1. Pour the boiling water over the tea, sugar and spearmint in a large glass bowl. Steep 3 minutes.
2. Strain out the tea leaves and mint. Cool to room temperature.
3. Pour the tea mixture into an ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer's instructions. (Alternately, pour the tea into a wide shallow dish, place in a freezer and allow it to freeze around the edges, 1 to 2 hours. Remove the dish from the freezer and scrape the ice with a fork from the outside edges to the center. Repeat this process every half an hour at least 3 times until the entire mixture has turned into small, sequin-like ice flakes.)
4. Spoon into small cups and serve.
Each serving: 64 calories; 0 protein; 16 grams carbohydrates; 0 fiber; 0 fat; 0 saturated fat; 0 cholesterol; 0 sodium.