Did you happen to see the 73-minute video of a chicken roasting on
1. People are more willing to become cannibals than they are vegans. An article posted on Grist.org claims a new poll from The Society for Progressive Meat found that 10 percent of Americans are willing to try man meat, while 3 percent said they could go vegan. Hmm, must be a lot of "Hannibal" fans out there.
2. Feniger posted a picture announcement for the brand new Border Grill location on Mars. The photo features Feniger and business partner Sue Milliken on Mars, sipping margaritas. We hear each dish comes with a coupon for a free ride to the moon.
3. Samuel Adams launches HeliYum beer. According to Jim Koch, brewer and founder of the company, the new beer is infused with helium and it adds a lighter mouth feel. You can check out the beer in the video above. Oh, and one sip, and you're singing like a chipmunk.
4. Netflix has a brand new release called "Rotisserie Chicken." The description reads "In the tradition of '
5. The United States will ban the sale of raw meat to make sure no one ever gets sick again, ever. The FDA and USDA will only allow the sale of pre-cooked meat beginning as early as next year. But how will the government ensure no direct farm-to-consumer sales? All animals will be tagged with transmitters.
6. The Fresh Produce Journal is reporting the latest food hybrid to hit the market is a fruit called the kalecot. It's a cross between an apricot and brassicas, with green skin. The kalecot contains beta carotene, vitamin K, vitamin C and calcium. It also has high levels of ascetic acid, which helps muscle recovery for people who do yoga.
7. Get ready for green, red and yellow fish. Fish will soon be dyed according to its Seafood Watch rating. Oh, and the rising sea level is caused by all of the Earth's penguins jumping in the water at the same time. Who knew?
8. And this last one from Sonic has to be a prank. Or at least, we're hoping it is. It's a kale cream pie shake with cream pie mix, vanilla ice cream and kale. Yeah, we'll see if this one actually makes the menu come summertime.
Have a fun April Fools' Day prank? Share it with us in the comments below.
Want more quirky food news? Follow me on Twitter: @Jenn_Harris_