Martha Stewart stopped by Reddit for a couple hours Thursday for an AMA, or Ask Me (almost) Anything. And we learned everything we'd ever wanted to know, or not know, about the woman behind the lifestyle empire. She answered questions as diverse as her favorite movie of the last year ("The Wolf of Wall Street") to which apples are best to bake with (tart, crisp ones), and whether she had a nickname in prison (she claims she can't remember).
Turns out Martha is just like one of us. She said she likes to binge-watch "House of Cards," uses an iPhone and thinks Pharrell Williams is cute. She also revealed she changes her bed sheets every day. So I guess she's not exactly like one of us.
Here are 10 highlights from her Reddit appearance:
1. How do you feel about the prevalence of truffle oil in modern restaurants?
Stewart: I think truffle oil is one of the few ingredients that doesn't belong in anyone's kitchen. It is ruinous of most recipes.
2. Do you have any good sex tips?
Stewart: Always take a bath before and after. [And after someone suggested having sex in a bath:] That's good too, and don't forget to brush your teeth.
3. What's it like being friends with Snoop Dogg?
Stewart: I wish I were closer friends with Snoop Dogg.
4. How many tacos can you eat in one sitting?
Stewart: I was at a really good Mexican restaurant yesterday, and I ate one whole taco. I was still hungry.
5. Is it true you used to be a model? If so, why did you give up your modeling career?
Stewart: Yes, indeed. I've modeled from the time I was 13, and I don't think I've given it up. I pose for pictures every day!
6. You have a completely free day. What do you do to have fun for the day?
Stewart: Watch the entire 13 hours of a new season of "House of Cards."
7. Do you have a favorite singer or band?
Stewart: Pharrell Williams. He's so cute. I've actually seen him in person and adore his good humor.
8. Martha, is it OK to freeze cottage cheese?
Stewart: Never tried. Why would you?
9. Who would win in a cooking contest, you or Gordon Ramsay? The contest would be judged by presentation, decor and taste. Is there one thing you think you could cook better than Gordon Ramsay without a doubt?
Stewart: I could probably bake better than Gordon Ramsay. And I don't know if I can cook better than he cooks.
10. Is it true that you paint over the soles of your Louboutins because you don't like the red sole? And what are some of your fashion rules?
Stewart: It is true. One of my rules is not to be a slave to fashion.
And there you have it. At least she has a sense of humor.
Want more quirky food news? Follow me on Twitter: @Jenn_Harris_