During the Super Bowl on Sunday, beer and yogurt commercials reigned supreme, while the normally memorable Doritos, M&Ms and soda commercials fell flat. Here's a rundown of the five most memorable commercials in no particular order. And if you're wondering where the Cheerios ad is on this list, we already mentioned how ridiculously cute it was here.
1. Newcastle: With its commercial "Behind the scenes of the mega huge football game ad Newcastle Brown Ale almost made," the brand makes an almost anti-Super Bowl statement with actress
2. Budweiser (the one with the dog and the horse): Hands down, one of the cutest Super Bowl ads ever. An adorable puppy forms an unlikely bond with a horse and the rest is history. Cue the big sappy music and the tears -- and someone pass the box of tissues.
3. Budweiser (the one with the hero's welcome): Maybe Budweiser just wanted to make everyone cry this year. In another of its commercials, Army Lt. Chuck Nadd comes home from abroad to find a parade in his honor and an entire town to welcome him home. At the end, he hugs what looks to be his tearful mother. Didn't really make me want to reach for a beer, but I did need another tissue.
4. Dannon Oikos: This commercial was memorable, mostly because it made us cringe. It starts with
5. Bud Light (up for whatever): We're throwing this commercial in the mix because we're still so confused. There's a hidden camera situation, a party bus, twins, actor
What was your favorite commercial? Let us know in the comments below.
Want more quirky food news? Follow me on Twitter: @Jenn_Harris_