Total time: 50 minutes
Note: From Jenny Adams at Laguna Culinary Arts
2 (1 1/4-pound) lobsters
6 tablespoons lime juice, divided
1 1/2 cup orzo
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 cup red apples, peeled and diced small
1 cup celery, diced small and blanched
2 tablespoons chervil leaves
1. Halve and clean the lobsters. Brush with 3 tablespoons of lime juice; season with salt and pepper. Broil for 10 minutes; cool. Remove the meat and cut into bite-size pieces.
2. Cook the orzo in a medium saucepan of boiling salted water until al dente, about 7 minutes. Drain and transfer to a small bowl. Toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil; set aside.
3. In a small bowl, combine the apples and the celery. Toss with the remaining lime juice and olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Chill.
Ginger beurre blanc dressing
2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
1 cup dry white wine
1 1/2 teaspoons ginger, minced
1 1/2 cups heavy cream
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a medium saucepan, combine the shallots, wine and ginger. Over medium-high heat, reduce the mixture until it's almost the consistency of syrup. Remove from heat and strain, discarding solids.
2. Replace the strained wine-ginger mixture in the saucepan. Over medium heat, whisk in the cream; bring to a gentle boil. Whisk in butter, lime juice, salt and pepper. Remove from heat and cool to lukewarm.
1. In a large bowl, gently combine the lobster meat, orzo and apple-celery mixture. Drizzle with the dressing, add the chervil and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Each serving: 829 calories; 18 grams protein; 76 grams carbohydrates; 3 grams fiber; 47 grams fat; 25 grams saturated fat; 154 mg. cholesterol; 156 mg. sodium.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times