Pan Seared Edamame Ravioli and Nashi Pear SaladSoy Wasabi Beurre Blanc
Edamame Ravioli RecipeYield: 30-40 ea
1 pkg. Edamame ( out of pod )½ ea Onion ( julienne )1 Tbl. Fresh Ginger ( minced )1 Tbl. Sesame Oil1 qt. Water
1. Place the above ingredients into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.2. Turn heat down to a simmer and let cook for 30 minutes.
8 oz. Fresh Spinach
1. Turn heat off and add in fresh spinach.2. Stir to incorporate, until it wilts.3. Strain through a fine china cap and reserve liquid.4. Place strained ingredients into a Cuisinart and begin to puree.5. Slowly add the broth back into the Cuisinart to get a smooth consistency. ( Discard left over broth )
1 Tbl. Unsalted ButterT.T. Salt and Pepper
1. Next, add in the above ingredients and continue to blend.
½ bn. Fresh Cilantro ( chopped )½ cup Panko
1. Take out of Cuisinart and place into a pan.2. Add in panko and chopped cilantro.3. Mix well to incorporate to a firm texture..4. Let chill.
1 Pkg. Won Ton Wrapper½ c. Cornstarch Slurry
1. Place won ton wrapper on a flat surface.2. Spoon 1/2 oz. of the edamame puree into the center of the wrapper.3. Brush edges with slurry then fold wrapper over and press edges firmly to seal.4. Continue to repeat process until all the filling is done.5. Once you have finished the edamame raviolis, cook in a pot of boiling water for about 1-2 minutes.6. Take out and chill in an ice bath.7. Take out of ice bath and pat dry with paper towels.
1 Tbl. Olive Oil
1. In a heated sauté pan, add in oil and place the ravioli inside to sear.2. Sear until slightly crispy, then flip and repeat on other side.
SSoy Wasabi Beurre Blanc RecipeYield: 2 cups
1 ea. Shallot ( julienne )1 Tsp. black peppercornspinch Thyme2 cups. White Wine
1. Place the above ingredients into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.2. Let reduce until Au.Sec.
1 cup Heavy Cream1 lb. Unsalted Butter. ( room Temperature )1-2 ea. Lemon Juice
1. Once the reduction is Au Sec2. Add in the heavy cream and bring back to a boil.3. Turn heat down and let simmer until slightly thickened.4. Then using a whisk, slowly add in the softened butter.5. Squeeze in lemon juice and season to taste.6. Strain through a fine chinois.
2 Tbl. Wasabi Powder2 Tbl. Water4 Tbl. Soy Sauce
1. In a bowl add in wasabi powder and water to make a paste.2. Next, add in soy sauce and blend until smooth.3. Add in beurre blanc4. Place seared ravioli on a plate and top with Soy Wasabi Beurre Blanc
Nashi Pear Salad
1 ea. Nashi Pear ( julienne )2 Tbl. Chives ( chopped )1 Tbl. Sesame Seeds
1. Garnish with Asian Pear Salad and serve.
Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin and Nashi Pear Chutney Chinese Five Spiced Hoisin Sauce
Nashi Pear Chutney RecipeYield: 1 qt.
2 ea. Nashi Pear ( cored and sliced )1 ea. Shallot ( julienne )2 Tbl. Olive Oil1 c. Dried Fruit Medley ( cranberries, cherries, raisins, date, apricots, etc. )½ c. Sweet Chili Sauce ( Mae Ploy )¼ c. Pink Pickled Ginger ( julienne )¼ c. Fresh Mint ( julienne )
1. In a heated sauté pan, add in oil and shallots.2. Saute shallots until translucent.3. Add in the sliced nashi pears and continue to sauté until slightly caramelized4. Next, add in dried fruit medley, sweet chili sauce and pickled ginger.5. Mix to incorporate and heat through.6. Once the fruit medley has softened, place into a pan.7. Add in fresh mint and toss together.8. Let chill until needed.
Chinese Five Spiced Marinade / Sauce RecipeYield: 3 cups ea.
1 qt. Hoisin Sauce1 Tbl. Chinese Five Spice1 Tbl. Fresh Ginger ( minced )1 Tbl. Fresh Garlic ( minced )1 ea. Lemongrass ( white part only )¼ c. Sugar¼ c. Soy Sauce¼ bn. Fresh Cilantro ( chopped )¼ bn. Green Onion ( chopped )1 c. Water
1. Place the above ingredients into a bar blender and blend until pureed.2. Strain half of the mixture through a fine chinois.3. Place the other half into a sauce pot and bring to a boil.4. Let simmer for 10-15 minutes.5. Strain sauce through a fine chinois and reserve for service.
4 ea. Kurobuta Pork Tenderloin ( cleaned )
1. Using the first strained mixture, marinade the pork tenderloin for 1-2 days.2. Grill pork over applewood logs and finish in oven if necessary with a little water or chicken stock to keep pork moist. 3. Discard the pork marinade. 4. Once the pork is cooked through, slice portions and place onto a plate for service.5. Then using the Five Spiced Hoisin Sauce, ladle over the pork.6. Garnish with Nashi Pear chutney and serve.
Fresh Spinach Salad and Mikan Oranges Candied Pecans, Sundried Cranberries, Mikan Orange Dijon Vinaigrette, Crispy Taro Root
Mikan Orange Dijon Vinaigrette Recipe Yield: 2 cups
8 ea. Mikan Oranges ( squeeze juice )1 Tbl. Dijon Mustard½ c. Olive Oil8 ea. Fresh Mint Leaves
1. Place the Mikan Orange juice and Dijon Mustard into a bar blender.2. Turn blender on and slowly incorporate the olive oil.3. Once the all the oil has been incorporated, add in the mint leaves and blend until small specks.4. Take out of blender and place into a container or squeeze bottle for service.
Spinach Salad RecipeYield: 4 servings
1lb. Fresh Spinach ( washed )½ c. Candied Pecans ( chopped )½ c. Sundried Cranberries¼ c. Mikan Orange Dijon Vinaigrette24 ea. Mikan Orange Segments 1c. Crispy Taro Root
1. In a mixing bowl, add in spinach, candied pecans, sundried cranberries and orange vinaigrette.2. Toss lightly.3. Place salad in the center of the each plate.4. Garnish with Mikan Orange segments.5. Top with crispy taro root and serve.
Mikan Orange Braised Wagyu Beef Brisket Oregon Blue Cheese Potatoes
Wagyu beef Brisket RecipeServes 8-10 ppl.
5lbs. Wagyu Beef BrisketTT. Salt and Pepper
1. In a heated roasting pan, sear the brisket with the fat side down.2. Sear for about 5 minutes then flip over and sear for another 5 minutes.
8 ea. Mikan Oranges ( juice and zest )1 Tbl. Fresh Garlic ( minced )1 ea. Onion ( small diced )1 ea. Carrot ( small diced )1 ea. Celery ( small diced )1 Tsp. Thyme ( dried )3 Tbl. Italian Parsley ( chopped )
1. Once the brisket has been seared on all sides, take out of pan.2 . Next, add in the garlic, onion, carrot and celery.3. Sauté until slightly caramelized.4. Then add in the orange zest, thyme and parsley and mix to release flavors.5. Deglaze with Mikan Orange juice and stir in.
1 c. Red Wine2 c. Beef Demi Glace 3 qts. Chicken Stock ( or water )
1. Add in red wine and let reduce by half.2. Next, add in chicken stock and demi glaze and stir to incorporate.3. Bring to a boil.4. Add brisket back into pan and cover with foil and place in the oven at 350 degrees and cook for 3-4 hours.5. Once the brisket is tender, take out of pan and set aside until needed.6. Strain the vegetables through a china cap, reserve the braising liquid and vegetables.7. Place the braising liquid into a sauce pot and reduce until 2-3 cups.8. Then add the vegetables back into the reduced sauce to ladle over portions or keep separate and re-heat with brisket portions.
Oregon Blue Cheese Potato RecipeServes 8-10 ppl.
2lbs. Fingerling Potatoes ( steamed and sliced )2 ea. Sweet Onion ( julienne )8 oz. Oregon Blue CheeseTT. Salt and Pepper
1. In a heated sauté pan, add in onions and sauté until caramelized.2. Next, add in the sliced potatoes and toss together.3. Season with salt and pepper.4. Crumble blue cheese over potatoes and place in oven to melt for about 30 seconds.
Asian Pear StrudelAsian Pear, Rum-Raisin Ice Cream, Crème Anglaise
Asian Pear Recipe
8 ea. Asian Pears1 ea. Lemon Zest and Juice½ c. Sugar½ c. Brown Suger1 Tbl. Cinnamon½ Tsp. Nutmeg¼ c. All Purpose Flour¼ Tsp. All Spice
1. Chop asian pear.2. Saute pears in butter with both sugars and spices. Sprinkle flour over and cook until slightly thickened.3. Reserve.
Rum-Raisin Ice Cream Recipe
½ c. Rum¾ c. Raisins2 c. Vanilla Ice Cream
1. Heat rum and pour over raisins. Soak for at least one hour.2. Soften vanilla ice cream in a paddle attached mixer.3. Fold in rum soaked raisins, put in container and freeze.
CCinnamon Phyllo Recipe
4 ea. Phyllo Dough Sheets¼ c. Butter¼ c. Sugar1 ½ Tsp. Cinnamon
1. Mix sugar and cinnamon together.2. Melt butter.3. Lay down one sheet of phyllo and brush with butter, sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar. Repeat with one more sheet. Put aside and repeat process with last two sheets of phyllo.4. Cut into squares and bake at 325 until browned.
Crème Anglaise Recipe
¾ c. Milk¾ c. Cream1/3 Tsp. Sugar¼ c. Egg Yolks½ ea. Vanilla Bean
1. Heat cream, milk, sugar, and vanilla bean.2. Temper cream mixture into yolks. Stir until thickened.3. Strain all. Cool over water bath.4. Garnish with Caramel-Hazelnut
Mikan Orange "Creamsicle"Vanilla Panna Cotta, Mikan Ice, "Popsicle" Tuiles
Vanilla Panna Cotta Recipe
5 ea. Gelatin Sheets, Bloomed7 oz. Milk28 oz. Cream3.5 oz. Sugar2 ea. Vanilla Beans
1. Place gelatin sheets in cold water to bloom. *If using powder, use a scant tablespoon dissolved in some of the milk.2. Heat milk, cream, sugar, and scraped vanilla beans to boil.3. Off heat add bloomed gelatin, pour into desired dish and chill until set.
Mikan Ice RecipeTT. Fresh Mikan Orange JuiceTT. Simple Syrup
1. To make simple syrup boil equal amount of sugar with water, until sugar is dissolved. Cool to room temperature.2. Add simple syrup to mikan juice until desired sweetness. *Please keep in mind that freezing an item dulls the final flavor so sweeten the juice a little more than usual.3. Set in shallow dish and freeze. Scrape every 15 minutes or so until set.
"Popsicle" Tuiles Recipe
6 Tbl. Butter, Melted1 ea. Vanilla Bean3 ea. Egg Whites½ c. and 1 Tbl. Sugar ½ c. and 1 Tbl. All Purpose Flour
1. Melt butter with scraped vanilla bean, let cool.2. Whisk egg whites until frothy and slowly add sugar and bean to soft peaks.3. Fold in cooled butter mixture and then fold in flour.4. Spread into desired shape and bake at 325 degrees until golden brown.
Serve with Mikan Orange Segments and a Scoop of Vanilla Ice CreamCopyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times