With rising temperatures coming this summer, Reliant Energy is helping some customers beat the heat and and those electric bills.
Reliant will use $1,000,000 to help assist low-income and elderly residential customers pay their bills through the company's CARE (Community Assistance from Reliant Energy) program.
Here are some other things Reliant plans to do to help residents this summer:
*Will not disconnect electricity for low-income seniors, critical-care and other low-income residents who find themselves in a jam, as long as they call Reliant to come up with a payment plan
*Will waive residential customer deposits for qualified senior citizens
*Will offer deposit installments for qualified low-income residential customers
*Will offer extensions and payment plans for qualified residential customers
*Will have special, dedicated agents who provide service to residential customers who are eligible for social agency assistance or who need special payment arrangements
Reliant has also teamed up with the Houston Department of Health and Human Services to offer Beat the Heat Centers.
Beat the Heat Locations
* Acres Homes MSC, 6719 W. Montgomery Road
* Denver Harbor MSC, 6402 Market St.
* Fifth Ward MSC, 4014 Market St.
* Magnolia MSC, 7037 Capital St.
* Northeast MSC, 9720 Spaulding St.
* Southwest MSC, 6400 High Star Dr.
* Sunnyside MSC, 4605 Wilmington St.
* West End MSC, 170 Heights Blvd.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times