Los Angeles Times

Newly poor: Where to turn

• Referral phone line for economic and social services: Dial 211

• Healthy cities: Online guide to L.A. County services: www.healthycity.org

• Food banks: California Association of Food Banks

• Food stamps: California Food Stamp programs

• Subsidized housing info: www.hacla.org

• Healthcare: California Health Care Services

Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times