A 1885 file photograph of Pershing Square. The park was then known as Central Park. This view is northwest from 6th and Hill streets, with the old Normal School building in the background at left. At left center is St. Paul's Church, which was torn down to make way for the Biltmore Hotel.
Padilla Photo Company
Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times