A mobile home fire Monday in Long Beach was ignited by a Christmas tree, officials said, displacing a family of four who was being assisted by the Red Cross.
Long Beach firefighters responded around 8:23 p.m. to a call of a mobile home on fire in the 6400 block of Atlantic Avenue, with possible victims trapped inside.
The first firefighters on the scene found a mobile home with heavy smoke and fire showing on all sides, according to a statement from the Long Beach Fire Department.
A man and a woman suffered mild to moderate burns in the fire and were taken to a hospital. Two other family members were able to escape from the flames.
Officials said the fire was sparked by a Christmas tree that was too close to an ignition source.
Twitter: @latvivesCopyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times