Final preparations were underway early Saturday for a music festival expected to draw tens of thousands of concert-goers to downtown Los Angeles this weekend.
The event, which is expected to attract more than 35,000 fans each day, runs from noon to 11 p.m. both days.
- West 1st Street between Los Angeles and Main streets
- Main between West 2nd and West Temple streets
- Spring Street between West 2nd and West Temple
- Broadway between West 2nd and West Temple
- Hill Street between West 2nd and West Temple
- Olive Street between West 2nd and West 1st
Multiple bus detours will be in effect for the weekend, and the Civic Center Metro subway stop is closed.
Approximately 240 Los Angeles County sheriff's deputies will be present on the county-owned park grounds, along with a private security firm, while the Los Angeles Police Department will have around 285 officers working the streets surrounding the festival.
Follow Abby Sewell on Twitter at @sewella.