Three new cases of suspected measles are being investigated, San Diego County health officials said Monday.
Of the three people, none had been vaccinated and all had visited Disneyland on Dec. 18, officials said. If the three cases are confirmed, it will bring to 13 the number of reported measles cases in the county during the recent outbreak.
The three were in Oceanside, Vista, Carlsbad, and San Marcos during a period when they would have been infectious, officials said.
In an unrelated case, a Sharp Rees-Stealy urgent-care clinic in Rancho Bernardo was closed Monday when possible measles patients arrived.
Last week a Sharp Rees-Stealy clinic in La Mesa was closed for several hours as measles patients were isolated, other patients were redirected, and staff cleaned the clinic surfaces.
If the three new cases are confirmed, it will mean 12 of 13 cases in the county were people who had not been vaccinated.
“People who have been vaccinated are well protected against measles," said Eric McDonald, medical director of the county epidemiology program, "but anyone who has not been vaccinated ... should take steps now to obtain the shot."