'Suge' Knight faces new felony charge in September 2014 incident

"Suge" Knight faces new charges related to Beverly Hills robbery

Already facing murder and attempted murder charges, former rap impresario Marion “Suge” Knight faces yet another felony stemming from a robbery alleged to have occurred last year, prosecutors confirmed Wednesday.

Knight, 49, was charged with threatening to kill or severely injure a photographer outside a Beverly Hills film and TV studio, according to the Los Angeles County district attorney’s office.

During the Sept. 5, 2014, incident, prosecutors say Knight and comedian Micah “Katt” Williams also stole the independent celebrity photographer’s camera. Both pleaded not guilty to the robbery charge.

Beverly Hills Police Lt. Max Subin said the pair chased down the photographer and “forcibly” snatched her camera.

Knight is scheduled to be arraigned on the new charge Feb. 19.

The Death Row Records co-founder is already being held without bail in a county jail after detectives say he reversed his truck in a Compton parking lot, killing 55-year-old Terry Carter and injuring 51-year-old Cle “Bone” Sloan.

A fight between Knight and Sloan preceded the deadly collision, investigators say. Knight turned himself in the morning after the Jan. 28 incident.

Knight's initial attorney in the matter, James E. Blatt, told reporters that Knight was assaulted and accidentally ran over the two men while trying to get away. Carter was a longtime friend and Knight was "heartbroken" over his death, Blatt said.

Prosecutors have charged Knight with killing Carter, attempting to murder Sloan and two hit-and-run counts.

In a Compton courtroom last week, Knight pleaded not guilty to all counts.

If convicted, Knight faces life in prison. His charges could be a potential third strike on a rap sheet that goes back 25 years. The two previous strikes are connected to convictions for assault with a deadly weapon.

For breaking news in California, follow @MattHjourno

Copyright © 2016, Los Angeles Times