LOCALL.A. Now

Fullerton apartments deemed safe; quake-displaced residents return

American Red Cross

About 50 residents were let back into their Fullerton apartment units, which had been red-tagged Friday night after the 5.1 La Habra earthquake, according to Fullerton Fire Battalion Chief John Stokes.

City building department inspectors were out in force Saturday to examine the 20 units at the building on Associated Road, and deemed them safe.

Elsewhere in the city, about 19 residents in six single-family homes across northern Fullerton remained displaced, Stokes said. Most appeared to be staying with friends or relatives after a nearby shelter at a La Habra community center was closed by the Red Cross due to lack of requests for assistance.

About 13 water line breaks were reported in Fullerton after Friday's quake, including three ruptures under city streets. By Saturday night, they had all been repaired, Stokes said.

ALSO:

Sheriff's candidate chastised for mock ethnic accent

Sheriff's deputy alleges harassment by rogue department clique

5.1 earthquake: More than 100 aftershocks, scattered damage

christine.mai-duc@latimes.com

 

Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times
Related Content
American Red Cross
Comments
Loading