Search for Marine's missing wife enters 21st day

Search for Marine's missing wife enters 21st day
Erin Corwin, 19, shown with her husband, Jonathan Wayne Corwin, was last seen leaving her home in Twentynine Palms the morning of June 28, 2014. (Handout)

More than 20 days ago, a U.S. Marine's pregnant wife went missing as she headed to Joshua Tree National Park, but authorities still don't know what happened to her.

Authorities say the disappearance of 19-year-old Erin Corwin of Twentynine Palms, who went missing June 28, is suspicious.


But a possible witness recently told KFMB-TV in San Diego that he may have seen Corwin entering a man's car and talking with him moments before she went missing.

Michael Beasley reportedly saw Corwin meet a man near the intersection where authorities found her car. Beasley claims Corwin left her car, entered the man's red car, talked with him, and then they drove off together, CBS 8 reported.

Corwin's family, however, said Beasley hasn't spoken to San Bernardino County sheriff's detectives, according to their Facebook page, Locate Erin.

Detectives, they said, did not know about Beasley until they read news reports about what he said he saw.

Sheriff's detectives have not released many details about Corwin's disappearance, which they said is not a criminal investigation.

No one is being investigated for her disappearance, the Sheriff's Department said in a statement.

Search efforts are expected to continue this weekend near the national park and in Twentynine Palms.

The last major development was nearly two weeks ago, when her car was found June 30 near the U.S. Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center in Twentynine Palms.

Corwin, who is three months pregnant, was last seen about 7 a.m. June 28 leaving her home at the military base and heading toward the national park.

She had planned to search the park for areas to visit when her mother came into town to celebrate her 20th birthday, which was July 15.

But when she did not return, her husband, Lance Cpl. Jonathan Corwin, reported her missing the following day.

Her cellphone has been either dead or turned off since that time, according to her family's Facebook page.

For breaking news in Los Angeles and throughout California, follow @VeronicaRochaLA. She can be reached at