A $50,000 reward is being offered for information leading to the arrest of a fourth suspect in a deadly Stockton bank robbery that left one hostage and two gunmen dead, police officials said Thursday.
The FBI and Bank of the West each offered $20,000 in reward money Thursday, the Stockton Police Department said in a news release.
Stockton Crime Stoppers had previously offered a $10,000 reward.
On July 17, three gunmen barged into the bank branch in the 7800 block of Thornton Road in Stockton, training their weapons on the heads of bank tellers. They took three women as hostages and drove off.
A chaotic gun battle ensued between the hostage takers and police that ended with the death of two of the gunmen, 30-year-old Gilbert Renteria Jr. and 27-year-old Alex Gregory Martinez.
A third suspect, Jaime Ramos, 19, survived by using 42-year-old Misty Jean Holt-Singh as a human shield.
Holt-Singh, a married mother of four, later died from her injuries. Ramos was arrested and charged with several counts of murder.
Police have said a fourth suspect acted as the group's wheelman, and investigators believe the group may have been involved in a similar heist at the same bank branch in January.
Anyone with information about any additional suspects was asked to contact Stockton Crime Stoppers at (209) 946-0600 or their local FBI office.
Follow @JamesQueallyLAT for breaking news.Copyright © 2014, Los Angeles Times