Every year we're convinced it'll be impossible for the new season of "24" to top the previous season, yet somehow it always does.
And if you knew what we know, you'd be convinced that Season 6which kicks off with a two-night, four-hour premiere on Jan. 14 (Fox, 8 p.m. ET)is shaping up to be the best "24" hours yet.
Oh, all right, we'll share
1. Jack's back, of course. When we last saw our great American hero, Mr. Bauer (Kiefer Sutherland) had saved the world yet again. But because of that weasel Logan's actions at the end of Season 4, those Chinese embassy dudes were still hankering for revenge. That means our boy has spent the last 20 months in a Chinese prison, where he's been tortured, interrogated and tricked into outing a cohort as a spy.
2. Jack's a broken man. (You've seen that beard in the promo ads, right?) And when Jack Bauer feels like he's got nothing to lose well, watch out bad guys!
3. When Jack returns to the United Statesas the result of a terrorist's blackmailseveral American cities are already under siege.
4. As if Jack hasn't already forfeited enough for his country, he's asked, yet again, to make another major sacrifice. And we're not talking about giving up pizza for tofu either.
5. It's further down the road in the season, but word has it Kim Raver will be back as Jack's sweetie Audrey. Another plus: Word also has it that Elisha Cuthbert, as Jack's daughter Kim, will not.
6. Also not popping up on the show? Jennifer Aniston and Ben Stiller, who reportedly asked to make cameos. Producers say they're both "too recognizable" to appear. Ya think?NEXTCopyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times