Donald Trump makes vulgar statements about women in leaked audio.
- In an audio recording, Trump is heard making lewd comments about women
- Here is Trump's video statement
- House Speaker Paul D. Ryan disinvites Trump to campaign event, says he's 'sickened' by tape
- Republicans strongly condemn Trumps remarks
- Excerpts from Hillary Clinton's paid speeches emerge in hacked email
- Trump says it's a disgrace that the U.S. is letting immigrants pour into U.S. illegally so they can vote
Here is the transcript of his statement:
I've never said I'm a perfect person, nor pretended to be someone that I'm not. I've said and done things I regret, and the words released today on this more-than-a-decade-old video are one of them.
Anyone who knows me knows these words don't reflect who I am. I said it, I was wrong, and I apologize.
I have traveled the country talking about change for America, but my travels have also changed me. I've spent time with grieving mothers who have lost their children, laid-off workers whose jobs have gone to other countries, and people from all walks of life who just want a better future.
I have gotten to know the great people of our country, and I've been humbled by the faith they've placed in me. I pledge to be a better man tomorrow and will never, ever let you down.
Let's be honest: We're living in the real world. This is nothing more than a distraction from the important issues we're facing today. We are losing our jobs, we're less safe than we were eight years ago, and Washington is totally broken. Hillary Clinton and her kind have run our country into the ground.
I've said some foolish things, but there's a big difference between the words and actions of other people. Bill Clinton has actually abused women, and Hillary has bullied, attacked, shamed and intimidated his victims.
We will discuss this more in the coming days. See you at the debate on Sunday.