ANCHORAGE, Alaska—Anchorage Firefighters along with volunteers will be on the streets Friday afternoon in Anchorage and Girdwood for the annual Muscular Dystrophy Association fundraiser Fill the Boot.
Local organizers have taken to social media sites, such as Facebook, to share its fund-raising locations. Fundraisers say Fill the Boot will be collecting donations from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. at:
1. Fireweed Lane and New Seward Hwy
2. Fireweed Lane and C Street
3. Airport Heights Drive and Glenn Hwy
4. Lake Otis Pkwy and Tudor Road
5. Spenard Road and Minnesota Drive
6. Minnesota Drive and Northern Lights Blvd
7. Boniface Pkwy and DeBarr Road
8. Dimond Blvd and Jewel Lake Road
9. O'Malley Road and Lake Otis Pkwy
10. Old Seward Hwy and Dimond Blvd
11. Business Blvd and Old Glenn Hwy
12. Eagle River Road and Eagle River Loop Road
13. 100th Ave and Victor Road
14. Jewel Lake Road and Raspberry Road
15. Alyeska Hwy and Seward Hwy
16. High Tower Road and Alyeska Hwy
Despite past ethics concerns raised by Mayor Sullivan’s office, the Anchorage Assembly passed an ordinance back in 2010 reaching a compromise.
The fundraiser comes around Labor Day weekend and capitalizes on the annual MDA telethon made popular by Jerry Lewis.
KTUU Channel 2 will air its MDA Telethon 7 – 10 p.m. on Sunday, September 2.