Two Wichita youngsters are taken to the hospital, one of them remains in serious condition, after taking medicines that were left out.
One of the children is a two-year-old boy who drank some unknown prescription medication while his parents were sleeping. That happened late Sunday in the 2900 block of S. George Washington Boulevard.
The other incident involves a one-year-old boy who ingested methadone over the weekend. Methadone is given to drug addicts to ease them off of drugs. Police say the methadone in this case belongs to the child's grandmother.
Police say the boy's parents waited four hours before taking him to the hospital. He is in the pediatric intensive care unit at a Wichita hospital. He is expected to recover.
Police say they see cases of children accidentally ingesting prescription medicines often. They want to remind parents to make sure all medications are out of the reach of children.