Panorama: Space shuttle Endeavour at the California Science Center
Explore the space shuttle Endeavour exhibit in the Samuel Oschin Space Shuttle Endeavour Display Pavilion at the California Science Center. Photos of Endeavour's Southland flyover | Read more
Visitors can get up close to Endeavour, SPACEHAB, a SSME or space shuttle main engine and images and video about Endeavour's past missions and the crews who flew them. Endeavour, also known as Orbiter Vehicle-105, completed 25 missions into space, including the first service mission to the Hubble Space Telescope and the first mission to add a U.S.-built component to the International Space Station. SPACEHAB served as a workshop and extra living space for astronauts. The SSME helped launch the shuttle up to orbit. A companion exhibit, The California Story, tells of the shuttle program's California origin. Interactive graphic of the exhibit
Additional panoramas are of Endeavour's arrival in Los Angeles, inside the NASA Shuttle Carrier Aircraft that transported it to L.A. and the shuttle's preparations in the United hangar at Los Angeles International Airport.
Copyright © 2013, Los Angeles Times
- Stocks fall on disappointing earnings 12/11/2013, 8:23 a.m.
- World Bank chief says Fed can reduce taper risk with communication 12/11/2013, 8:12 a.m.
- New Orleans: Free walking tours that go beyond the French Quarter 12/11/2013, 8:00 a.m.
- 12 cookbooks from chefs that can make us better cooks 12/11/2013, 8:00 a.m.
- SAG Award nominations: '12 Years a Slave,' 'Butler' lead the way 12/11/2013, 8:57 a.m.
- Former Los Angeles Times COO Kathy Thomson joins Sirius XM - L.A. Times - Business 12/11/2013, 9:30 a.m.
- Former Los Angeles Times COO Kathy Thomson joins Sirius XM - Company Town - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 9:30 a.m.
- Legal win for California family seeking to recover Pissarro painting - Arts & Culture - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 8:27 a.m.
- Stocks fall on disappointing earnings - L.A. Times - Business 12/11/2013, 8:23 a.m.
- Olympic officials to check on construction in Sochi, Rio de Janeiro - Sports - latimes.com 12/11/2013, 8:14 a.m.