Renovation of Randolph College’s student center is finished.
A ribbon cutting will be held at the Lynchburg school at 4 p.m. Monday.
The $6 million renovation was completed with donations from five graduates: Sadie "Puff" Gravely Hampson, Byrd and Alice Hilseweck Ball, Tom and Sally Maier Rowe, and two alumnae who wish to remain anonymous.
The building is more than 100 years old, but the renovation is designed to make better use of the space.
The renovations include:
- A two level fitness center on the top floor.
- A 90-seat theater.
- More conference and reception rooms
- An improved student grill with more menu choices.
- A wrap-around outside deck with more meeting and eating space.
- A glass enclosed studio for the student radio station.
- New student government and publications offices.
- A three-story entry vestibule with floor-to-ceiling windows and a curly staircase.