Two carpet installers had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at Brosville United Methodist Church on Friday.

Two carpet installers had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at Brosville United Methodist Church on Friday. (Justin Ward/WDBJ7 / January 4, 2013)

Two carpet installers had to be treated for smoke inhalation following a fire at a Pittsylvania County church Friday morning.

The church, Brosville United Methodist Church, sustained minor fire damage and moderate smoke damage.

By the time firefighters got to the church, the fire was already out. Investigators determined that the church was having carpet installed, and that somehow a flammable liquid was ignited.

One of the carpet installers had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation. The fire has been ruled as accidental.

The fire was called in at 10:52 a.m. to the church at 121 Long Circle.