The hunt is over for a Lancaster man, wanted in connection with a 2004 homicide. Lancaster Police arresting the suspect after a standoff last night.

Since announcing the first arrests in this case, police say they received a bunch of tips, as they searched for 31-year-old Michael Stewart. Those tips lead them to an apartment in East Hempfield Township, where they took Stewart in to custody after a 3 hour standoff.

Detectives found Stewart was staying at an apartment off Tenby Way last night. Just to be safe, they dispatched the Lancaster County Special Emergency Response Team. After several hours of negotiating, Stewart surrendered to police around 11:30 p.m.

Stewart was the last of four suspects wanted in connection with the 2004 slaying of Heather Nunn inside her Pearl Street home. Lancaster Police say, the four entered Nunn's house with the intention of robbing the place, and shot the 24-year-old mother of two. Nunn's two daughters, ages 6 and 8 were upstairs in the home at the time. They came down to find their mother dead. At a news conference Monday, the Lancaster County District Attorney said, detectives worked extra hard to keep this case alive.

"They have had so many cases come across their desk every day, new ones. It would have been all too easy to put this one on the back burner and say, if it's not on the front burner, we're not going to think about this," said District Attorney Craig Stedman.

Also charged with homicide in connection with this crime is 31-year-old Edward Major, 28-year-old David Jordan and 33-year-old Hayward Stewart. All three were either serving time, or had served time, in prison for other crimes. According to court documents, an eyewitness tells police, Edward Major was the man who actually pulled the trigger.

After surrendering to police, Stewart was brought to the Lancaster City Police station where he was questioned.

Around 7:30 a.m. Wednesday morning, Michael Stewart went before Magisterial District Justice William Reuter for his initial arraignment. Reuter read him the charges he was facing, a single count of criminal homicide. The judge denied bail and set a preliminary hearing date for March 12 at 9 a.m. The judge also told Stewart, if convicted he faces a minimum penalty of 7 years in prison with the maximum penalty, being death.