The JDK Group in Cumberland County shares tips and recipes for the perfect Super Bowl party!
DECONSTRUCTED CHICKEN WINGS
5 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
2 Cups of Your Favorite Hot or Wing Sauce
1 lb Saga Bleu Cheese
12 4” Celery Sticks
12 Heavy Weight Clear Glass Votive Cups
1. Perforate chicken breasts with a fork. Cover with hot sauce and marinate overnight.
2. Bake chicken at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Let chicken cool, then shred into multiple pieces.
3. Layer slices of saga bleu cheese and shredded chicken into votive pop (or shot glass) with the cheese as the top layer.
4. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes—until tops are brown and bubbly. Remove from oven and garnish with crisp celery stick. Serve with tri-color tortilla chips
ANDOUILLE FIRECRACKER ROLLS
½ Cup Oven Roasted Corn
½ Cup Chopped Green Onion
¼ Cup Chopped Cilantro
½ Cup Chopped Roasted Peppers
1 Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
½ Cup Canned Black Beans, Rinsed
1 Cup Chopped Andouille Sausage
20 Egg Roll Wrappers
4 Eggs, Beaten
2 Cups Crushed Tri-Color Tortilla Chips
1. For the filling, mix together the first seven ingredients. (Oven Roasted Corn, Chopped Green Onion, Chopped Cilantro, Chopped Roasted Peppers, Shredded Cheddar Cheese, Canned Black Beans, Chopped Andouille Sausage)
2. Place 3 Tbl. of filling in the center of an egg roll wrapper. Brush some of the beaten egg around the perimeter of the wrapper. Fold in sides and roll.
3. Coat the ends with egg mixture. Dip the rolls in the remaining egg mixture and roll in crushed tri-color tortilla chips.
4. Deep fry in 350 degree oil until golden brown (approximately 8 minutes). Alternatively, the rolls can be baked in an oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees.
Variation: use 1 Cup Chopped Chicken in place of the sausage.
BEER BRIASED BRATWURST
1 Bottle of Iron City Lager (or Yuengling Lager)
3 Cloves of Garlic, Diced
1 Red Onion, Diced
8 Sausage Rolls
¼ Cup Olive Oil
1. Coat the bottom of a small frying pan with olive oil and place over medium heat. Add diced garlic and sauté until tender.
2. While that cooks, julienne your red onion and add to frying pan. Turn down to a low heat and let the mixture caramelize for about 15 to 20 minutes. Stir occasionally to keep the mixture from burning.
3. Add ½ cup of the lager to deglaze by letting the mixture simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
4. Next place an oil olive coated pan on a medium temperature and sear the bratwursts until golden brown.
5. Add an addition ¼ cup of larger and cook for about 5 minutes. Reduce to a medium-low temperature and add the caramelized onions.
6. Simmer the combined ingredients for an additional 10 minutes and serve on a sausage roll.
1 Head of Shredded Romaine Lettuce
1 lb Flank Steak, Sliced
2 Cups of Cherry Tomatoes, Quartered
1 Red Onion, Diced
1 lb French Fries
2 Cups of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
2 Cups Ranch or Balsamic Dressing
12 Rocks Glasses (or plastic cups)
1. Season sliced strips of flank steak with salt/pepper and grill for 10 minutes until medium-rare.
2. Deep fry or bake French fries and set to the side to cool.
3. Mix shredded romaine lettuce, tomatoes, cheese, and onions.
4. Layer salad mix and French fries in a rocks glass, cosmo glass, or plastic squat cup top with strips of steak and garnish with dressing.
2 lbs. Fresh Perch Filets, Boned, Cut Into 2”x2” Squares
2 Cups Flour, Seasoned with Salt and Pepper; to Taste
2 Cups Panko Bread Crumbs
4 Eggs Beaten
2 Cups Shredded Romaine Lettuce
1 cup Cilantro Mayonnaise (recipe follows)
15 Miniature Slider Rolls
1. Coat the perch filets in egg mixture and bread them with flour and panko bread crumbs.
2. Pan-fry in vegetable oil until golden brown on each side.
3. Serve with shredded romaine and fresh cilantro mayonnaise on a slider roll.
1 Cup Mayonnaise
3 Tbl Chopped Fresh Cilantro
Mix mayonnaise and cilantro together in a small bowl. Serve chilled.
STEELERS ELECTRIC LEMONADE
1 1/2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. 7-Up or Sprite
2 oz. Sweet and Sour Mix
1 Part Lemonade
In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, 7-Up or Sprite, sweet and sour mix, and lemonade. Shake thoroughly with ice. Pour over a highball glass (or small milk bottle glass) and garnish with funky straw or lemon wedge.