The Orlando Sentinel Facebook Like Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") starts at 9:00 A.M. ET on October 3, 2011 and ends at 9:00 A.M. ET on October 24, 2011 ("Sweepstakes Period"). This Sweepstakes shall be subject to these Official Rules, and by entering, each entrant agrees to abide and be bound by these rules and the decisions of the judges and Sponsor.
1) Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents residing in Florida who are 18 years and older as of the first day of the Sweepstakes Period. Employees (and their immediate family members (defined as spouse, parents, siblings or children) or household members (whether or not related) of Orlando Sentinel ("Sponsor") and of its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, prize providers, promotion and delivery contractors and/or public relations companies associated with this Sweepstakes, are not eligible to participate. A potential winner may be requested to provide proof that all eligibility requirements are met as well as proof of ownership of the email address associated with the winning entry. Void where prohibited and outside Florida. This Sweepstakes shall be governed and enforced pursuant to Florida law, excluding choice of law provisions.
3) Winner and Notification: On or about October 24, 2011 Sponsor will select potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries. Sponsor will make all final decisions in any and all issues related to this Sweepstakes, and its decisions shall be final and binding in all respects. Sponsor will attempt to contact potential winner by email. Potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected by random drawing from among all remaining entries if: (a) winner does not claim his or her prize within 48 hours of the first notification attempt; (b) winner does not fulfill the eligibility requirements; (c) winner does not adhere to the Official Rules; and/or (d) if the prize notification is returned as undeliverable, refused, or declined. 4) Prize and Delivery: One Grand Prize: $200 Best Buy gift card, approximate retail value $200.00. Gift card subject to terms and conditions thereon.
Winner is solely responsible for any applicable federal, state and local taxes in connection with winner's prize. Prize substitutions are not allowed, and prize is not transferable. Only Sponsor may elect, at its discretion, to substitute a prize of greater or equal value due to lack of availability for any given reason. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. All expenses not specifically provided for herein are the responsibility of the prize winner. Properly claimed prize will be awarded, but in no event will Sponsor award more prizes than are provided for in these Official Rules. Winner must pick up the prize at the sponsors office at 633 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, Fl 32801
5) Other Conditions: Winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Release as well as certain tax documents, and, if so, any required documentation must be signed and returned to Sponsor within one week of the date Sponsor sends it to winner. Failure to return such documentation will result in that winner being disqualified, and Sponsor may randomly draw another winner from among all remaining eligible entries.
By entering this Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, waive and hold harmless Sponsor, Facebook and their affiliates, subsidiaries, parent corporations and advertising and promotional agencies, and all of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents from any and all injuries, claims, damages, losses, costs, or expenses of any kind (including without limitation attorney's fees) resulting from accessing the Sweepstakes website; submitting an entry or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes; the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded; preparing for, participating in or traveling to and/or from any prize-related activity, or; any printing, typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement of offering of any prize. Neither the failure of Sponsor to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of these Official Rules or the failure, delay or omission by Sponsor in exercising any right with respect to any term of these Official Rules, will be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of Sponsor's right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance.
By accepting the prize, each winner agrees, where legal, to allow Sponsor and its agents and licensees to use their names, voices, photographs, likenesses and any information provided on the entry form, in any medium of communication, including advertising, promotional or other purposes, without additional compensation.
6) Internet/Fraud/Tampering: If for any reason this Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, or if this Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith (or any portion thereof) becomes corrupted or does not allow the proper playing of the Sweepstakes and processing of entries in accordance with these rules, or if infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, actions by entrants, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes, in the Sponsor's sole opinion, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, the Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual implicated in such action and/or to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend this Sweepstakes or any portion thereof. In the event this Sweepstakes is cancelled, the Sponsor will conduct a random drawing to award prize from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the time of the action or event warranting such cancellation. If such cancellation, termination, modification, or suspension occurs, notification will be posted on Sponsor's Facebook page. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE (INCLUDING THE ENTRY SITE) OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION. Sponsor reserves the right to prohibit any entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes if, at its sole discretion, Sponsor finds such entrant to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes, or if such entrant repeatedly shows a disregard for, or attempts to circumvent, these Official Rules, or acts: (a) in a manner the Sponsor determines to be not fair or equitable; (b) with an intent to annoy, threaten or harass any other entrant or Sponsor; or (c) in any other disruptive manner. Sponsor assumes no liability for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty, failed, garbled or jumbled electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; or (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet or the Sweepstakes website or any combination there of.
7) Winner List: For an Official Winner List (available after October 24, 2011), send a request and a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Jordan Winter, Orlando Sentinel, 633 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, Florida, 32801. All requests for Winner List must be received by October 31, 2011.
8) Sponsor: Orlando Sentinel Communications. 633 N. Orange Ave., Orlando, Florida, 32801.
This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times