Want to hang up the apron this Thanksgiving? Those looking for ways to celebrate with a festive meal or resort getaway have more options in Florida than a turkey has feathers. Here are some packages and feasts offered at a dozen spots in our state:
* Amelia Island -- The Elizabeth Pointe Lodge is offering a three-night Thanksgiving package including a Thanksgiving dinner; social hour in the evening from 6 to 7 p.m. with light hors d'oeuvres, beer, wine and soft drinks; and newspaper delivered to the room each morning. Rates start at $918.59 for a sunset room with a king bed; from $1,105.58 for an oceanfront room with a king bed. Visit www.elizabethpointlodge.com.
The Amelia Island Plantation will celebrate Thanksgiving with a Grand Buffet at the Sunrise Cafe/Ocean Grill on Nov. 26. The feast will be served from 12:30 p.m. until 7 p.m. and will consist of a traditional holiday dinner of turkey, dressing, and all the trimmings. Guests will then pose for a free 5" x 7" family photo to take home. The buffet is $50 for adults and $19.95 for children 12 and under. For seating times, call restaurant reservations at 904-321-5050.
* Boca Raton -- The Boca Raton Resort & Club is offering a Best of Boca pakage including accommodations at the resort's Boca Beach Club starting at $199 per night. In addition, the package provides a 50 percent discount on Camp Boca for children ages 3-12, a 50 percent discount on services at the Spa Palazzo, plus unlimited tennis at one of the country's top tennis centers, unlimited golf on 36 holes just ranked among "North America's Top 75 Courses" by Golf Digest magazine (cart fee is additional), daily breakfast and other features. The Best of Boca offer is available through December 23. Thanksgiving options abound and include the resort's annual Thanksgiving Gala Buffet in the Royal Palm Ballroom ($90 adults, $50 for ages 13-17; $25 for ages 5-12) and a variety of holiday activities. Package rate is subject to availability. Visit www.BocaResort.com.
* Melbourne Beach -- The Port D'hiver Bed & Breakfast is offering a Thanksgiving at the Beach! Package that includes three-nights, breakfast, a special VIP Thanksgiving dinner for two at the Melbourne Harbor Chart House and a present of a Port d'Hiver holiday ornament. Prices start at $285 per night. For more information or to make reservations please call 866-621-7678 or visit www.portdhiver.com.
* Miami -- The Four Seasons Miami is featuring both a Thanksgiving Brunch ($80 per person) and dinner ($70 per person). Highlights from the Brunch menu include mulled apple cider with heirloom apples, Cara Cara orange mojitos and Acai smoothies; dulce de leche glazed leg of lamb; Latin-style charcoal roasted suckling pig; sage and butter basted turkey with sourdough bread and apple stuffing, giblet gravy and cranberry mango relish; Peruvian potato mash and slow roasted acorn squash and Dijon mustard and sugar cane glazed ham with grilled pineapple; paella valenciana and a dessert station with about 30 types of desserts. Dinner is a three-course menu featuring pancetta, leek and goat cheese tart, frisee and grape tomato jam or Hubbard squash soup with Maytag blue cheese crackers; roasted sage turkey with sourdough bread and apple stuffing, sweet yamps, parsnip, carrots and Brussels sprouts and cranberry pecan relish or butter basted tenderloin of beef with Pomme Anna and bourguignon trimmings; and a Great Pumpkin Souffle, caramel anglaise and spiced pear ice cream or a sampler of Chef Marko's holiday selection. Call 305-358-3535.
* Naples --The Naples Grande Beach on Southwest Florida's Paradise Coast has announced a 2009 Thanksgiving Family Package starting at $149 per night. Up to two kids 17 and younger stay free in the same coastal view room with up to two adults. Package features include free Frisbee spin art for up to two children ages 4-12; one free admission to NG Kids Club session with one paid admission (full day is $69; $44 for morning session; $39 for afternoon session); complimentary use of kayak or canoe (one per reservation, subject to availability); complimentary frozen drinks for four at the poolside Palm Terrace Cafe (adults may choose from alcoholic or non-alcoholic drinks); 25 percent off golf tee times at Naples Grande Golf Club, the private 18-hole Rees Jones-designed championship course for play after 12 p.m. daily (valid for up to two guests sharing a room, once per day); 15 percent off spa treatments at Golden Door Spa (for ages 16 and older; ages 12-15 when accompanied by adult). The package is available for stays Nov. 22-30, a savings of 45 percent, subject to availability. Visit www.naplesgranderesort.com.
* Orlando -- Universal Orlando Resort's Loews Royal Pacific Resort, Hard Rock Hotel and Loews Portofino Bay Hotel are featuring Stay More, Save More at Universal Orlando: five nights for the price of three and more for Halloween and guests who want to stay longer can enjoy seven nights for the price of four. Rates are valid for booking through Dec 21, 2009 and travel most days from Oct 8 - Mar 25, 2010. More information about these offers, including some restrictions, is available at www.universalorlando.com/hotels. Among the dining and entertainment offerings: Loews Portofino Bay Hotel will feature a Thanksgiving champagne buffet at Trattoria del Porto from noon to 8 p.m., serving herb-brined turkey and apple chestnut stuffing, New York strip, stuffed veal breast, baked red snapper, chilled seafood, omelets and crepes made to order, plus pastries, pies, cakes, tortes and desserts in a glass. Entertainment includes a children's craft table, Universal Orlando characters, face painting, balloonist and strolling musician. Cost is $46 for adults, $23 for children.
The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Resort is featuring Thanksgiving meals at several of its dining venues. Among them, the Garden Grove restaurant is offering a special Thanksgiving Day buffet featuring such favorites as roasted turkey, glazed ham, roasted butternut squash soup, mash potatoes, sweet potatoes and more. Disney characters will make an appearance. Cost is $35.95 for adults; $15.95 for children. Call 800-227-1500.
Fiorella's Cucina Toscana located at The Westin Imagine Orlando, will offer a Thanksgiving Day feast on Nov. 26. The menu will feature an antipasto station, made-to-order interactive entree creations from the open kitchen, a carving station and decadent desserts prepared under the direction of Executive Chef Robert Mason. Cost is $45 for adults, $14 for children. For reservations, call 407-233-2950. Visit www.fiorellasorlando.com.
Norman's at The Ritz-Carlton Grande Lakes features chef Norman Van Aken's New World cuisine, a fusion of Latin and Caribbean recipes. The restaurant is now accepting reservations for Thanksgiving dinner ($85 for adults and $35 for children). For reservations call 407-393-4333. Visit www.Normans.com.
The Rosen Plaza, Rosen Centre and Rosen Shingle Creek are serving Thanksgiving Holiday Buffets. Among the offerings is the Grand Thanksgiving Holiday Buffet at Rosen Plaza's Cafe Matisse on Thanksgiving Day. Featured as Mom's favorites such as sliced roasted turkey with cranberry sauce, sausage cornbread dressing, sweet potato cakes, holiday pot roast with pan gravy, Virginia ham basted in brown sugar, seafood selections, chilled salads, soups, and desserts including pumpkin pie, pumpkin pound cake, New York cheesecake and chocolate mousse cake. Price is $31.95 plus tax and gratuity for adults; $15.95 plus tax and gratuity for children. For parties of six or more the restaurant offers their traditional turkey carved tableside. Cafe Matisse is at 9700 International Drive. Call 407-996-0256 or visit www.rosenplaza.com.
* Palm Beach -- The Four Seasons Palm Beach is featuring a Thanksgiving Holiday Dinner highlighted by traditional roasted turkey with sage-scented giblets gravy, chestnut apple and cornbread stuffing, honey glazed holiday ham, traditional pumpkin pie, mini pecan pies, and an array of other delights. For the children there will be a special pumpkin patch station with turkey and gravy, roasted chicken legs, mashed potatoes, cut corn and green beans, mini sandwiches, pumpkin pie, holiday cookies, treats and more. Cost is $70 per adult; $20 per child exclusive of tax, gratuities and beverages. Call 561-582-2800.
* Palm Coast -- South of St. Augustine in Palm Coast, Hammock Beach Resort is offering a Thanksgiving special rate priced from $235 per night. Families can opt for a full turkey dinner delivered to their multi-bedroom-suite including soup, salad, whole or carved turkey, four side dishes and two pies for dessert for $270 (meal feeds up to six adults). Thanksgiving morning, guests can work up an appetite by participating in the Hammock Beach Turkey Trot, a 5K run/walk event around the resort. All weekend long, Kids' Crew activities are holiday-themed and complimentary for children under 12. After dinner, families can flock to the indoor pool for a complimentary dive-in movie, Elf. Visit www.hammockbeach.com.
* Ruskin -- The Resort & Club at Little Harbor -- Tampa Bay will feature a Thanksgiving Buffet with all the trimmings and live action and carving stations plus salads and desserts at the Sunset Grill on Nov. 26. Cost is $25. The resort is at 611 Destiny Drive. Call 813-645-8119.
* St. Cloud -- Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida will have a Thanksgiving Dinner on Nov. 26. They spare the wild turkeys on location but there will be plenty of bird available along with stuffing, cranberries and other items in a country-style spread. Cost is TBD. Florida EcoSafaris at Forever Florida is at 4755 North Kenansville Road. Call 866-854-3837.
* St. Pete Beach -- The Thanksgiving Togetherness package at the TradeWinds Island Grand is featuring a three-night package including tickets to a Thanksgiving buffet with roast tom turkey with giblet gravy and traditional sage stuffing and a bounty of other choices on Nov. 26. Also included is a value coupon book for local attractions with $250 in savings. Additionally, the resort amenity fee which includes beach cabanas, complimentary self-parking and more is included in the package price. Prices for two adults begin at $414 and increase depending on room type and number of people in the party. Visit www.JustLetGo.com.
Also, for those who'd like to contribute to a good cause, the TradeWinds Island Resorts --the Island Grand Resort and the Sandpiper Suites -- along the Gulf of Mexico on St. Pete Beach, are offering the Give Thanks and Give Back to All Children's Hospital Rate. The promotion offers a room for $50 for one night, more than a 75 percent savings off regular rates, and All Children's Hospital will receive $35 from each room booked on the promotional rate Nov. 20-30. Additional nights are $79 each. The promotion is subject to availability. Call 888-377-0026.
* Vero Beach -- Want to share your Thanksgiving with Goofy and Donald Duck? Disney's Vero Beach Resort features a Thanksgiving Buffet on Nov. 26 with such goodies as cold seafood and charcuterie display, salads and soups, spit fire turkey with giblet gravy and cranberry citrus relish, maple glazed ham with spiced apples, " Cinderella" pumpkin risotto, pumpkin pie plus an assortment of the Chef's house-made desserts. Children's options include chicken fingers will assorted dipping sauces and macaroni and cheese. Families can pose for pictures with Goofy and Donald during character meet-and-greets several times during the day. Cost is $28.99 for adults; $16.99 for children. Tax and gratuity are not included. The resort is on the beach at 9250 Island Grove Terrace. Advanced reservations are required. Call 772-234-2180.Copyright © 2015, Los Angeles Times