The Gateway Center for the Arts upcoming theatrical season includes a double dose of "Beauty and the Beast" in its offerings. The shows, which range from musicals to mystery to comedy, take place at the center, 880 N. U.S. 17-92, DeBary.
For more information on the productions, call 386-668-5553 or go to gatewaycenterforthearts.org
Here are the shows:
• JOSEPH AND THE AMAZING TECHNICOLOR DREAMCOAT: Sept. 13-22. Andrew Lloyd Webber's musical version of the Bible story about redemption.
• BEAUTY AND THE BEAST PREQUEL: Nov. 1-2. Dinner-theater presentation of how a young prince became the Beast.
• THE MASQUE OF BEAUTY AND THE BEAST: Dec. 6-15. Michael Elliot Brill's retelling of the traditional fairy tale.
• BLACK COFFEE: Jan. 24-Feb. 2. Agatha Christie's Hercule Poirot tries to unravel a murder mystery at a British country house.
• THE BLUE BIRD: March 7-16. Two children seek happiness in this adaptation of Maurice Maeterlinck's play by Rene Sands.
• LOVE, SEX AND THE IRS: April 4-13. Mistaken identities abound in this classic farce about an IRS audit