She's older than
How did I come to such a ranking?
I weighed pop culture longevity, character name recognition and ability to go toe-to-toe with James Bond.
Ursula Andress for instance may have the pop culture chops for her scene emerging from the ocean playing Honey Ryder in "Dr. No," but she's still more in need of rescue, so she only ranks No. 10. A good name might move you up as well, but even Holly Goodhead and Strawberry Fields didn't crack my Top 10.
The best Bond Girls can take you out. Honor Blackman's character in Goldfinger could take you out. Her character's name alone gave 007 moment to pause. You know the one -- a synonym for clowder of cats.
So she's No. 1.
It's completely scientific inasmuch as pop culture is a science.
You can view the full ranking of 38 Bond Girls in the related gallery (Mobile users can view the gallery here: )
But here's the top 10:
1. Honor Blackman playing Pussy Galore in "Goldfinger"
2. Kristina Wayborn playing Magda in "Octopussy"
3. Carole Bouquet playing Melina Havelock in "For Your Eyes Only"
4. Famke Janssen playing Xenia Onatopp in "GoldenEye"
5. Akiko Wakabayashi playing Aki in "You Only Live Twice"
6. Diana Rigg playing Tracy Bond in "On Her Majesty's Secret Service"
9. Claudine Auger playing Domino Derval in "Thunderball"
10. Ursula Andress playing Honey Ryder in "Dr. No"
I'd like to add there were points given for how good their particular Bond movie happened to be, according to me. Keep in mind I'm 40 and was raised on Roger Moore films, so I actually liked "Moonraker." Deal with it.
So who's at the bottom?