On March 19, the Greater Baltimore Highlands Community Association met for its monthly meeting.
State Sen. Nancy Jacobs, a Republican who represents District 34 that includes Harford and Cecil counties, was the guest speaker.
Jacobs, a West Virginia native who is the only woman running for the 2nd Congressional District seat now held by U.S. Rep.C.A. Dutch Ruppersberger, answered questions about taxes, gas prices and the economy.
She urged everyone to vote in the April 3 primary election.
Those in attendance were Bob Johnston, Paul Suit, Noah Crum, Gary Koloski, Harriet Pittman, Carol Perenia, Rich Parker and Joe Sliwka.
Charlie and Betsy Tabor, Sam Currer, Carolyn Borrowiae, Helen Brown, Kenny Seymer, Kris Bury and Arline Hines.
Jeff Curran, Dayanna Bergman, Michelle Washington, Sue
The association's next meeting will be 7 p.m. Monday, April 16, in Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave.
• The Lansdowne-Riverview Recreation Council is gearing up for the basketball program's second annual parents versus youth game 6-8 p.m. Thursday, March 29, in the gym at Lansdowne Middle School, 2400 Lansdowne Road.
Admission is $1. Proceeds help fund the purchase of trophies for those who played throughout the season. Jaime Rodriguez spearheads the event and will sell refreshments.
If you are interested in playing or making a donation, call 443-570-9181.
• The Lansdowne-Baltimore Highlands Senior Center, 424 Third Ave., invites you to hop over for an
• The English Consul Volunteer Fire Department hosts a seafood platter dinner Friday, April 6, at 6 p.m., followed by bingo at 7 p.m. for a $25 fee.
Breakfast with the Easter Bunny from 8 a.m. to noon Saturday, April 7, at the department, 2827 Michigan Ave. Photo opportunities available, $8 per person.
Call the station, 410-636-5010, to learn more about these and other events.
• Mikie Johnson and Lauren Brumbaugh invite the community to the traditional Easter egg hunt at Christ United Methodist Church, 2833 Florida Ave., from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Saturday, April 7. Light refreshments will be prepared inside.
• An Easter Sunday sunrise service is set for 6 a.m. April 8 at Hillcrest Park, followed by the 9 a.m. church service.
• August J. Raveio