Samuel Lee, of
Berklee College of Music, Boston, Mass., reported that Catherine Woodcock, of Ellicott City, merited dean's list placement for the summer semester of the 2012 academic year.
Elkridge resident Hannah Ogden participated in Salisbury University's 11th annual Student Research Conference by presenting "Synthesis of New Ligand Containing both Cp and A-Frame Features."
• Chelsea Kotlas, of Ellicott City, contributed "A New Playing Field: Linking Fans and Athletes Through Social Media" to the research conference.
•Ellicott City resident Chelsea Chmel presented "Medicine and Health in Ancient Rome."
Marymount University, Arlington, Va., announced that these local students graduated during the May commencement exercises:
• Ian Kachemov, of Highland, degree in business administration
• Victoria Owings, of Ellicott City, magna cum laude, interior design
• Jessianna Saville, of Ellicott City, master's degree, health care management
• Brenda Bloom, of Ellicott City, master's degree, business administration
• Stephanie Santa, of Hanover, cum laude, nursing
The Avon Foundation for Women conferred a President's Recognition Program Scholarship upon Megan Hill, of Marriottsville, to further her education. She is attending
Caitlin Smith, a senior at the
Wells College in Aurora, N.Y., conferred a degree, magna cum laude with distinction, upon Hannah Sterling, of Mount Airy. Sterling majored in biochemistry and molecular biology, was inducted into Phi Beta Kappa, and awarded the 2012 Wells Women in Science Prize.
Corine Denny, of Mount Airy, spent a semester of her junior year at Lebanon Valley College studying at the London Metropolitan University with pupils from over 100 countries.