Dulaney Valley Woman's Club — meets at St. Paul's Lutheran, 1609 Kurtz Ave., Spangler Hall, second Tuesdays at noon. Meetings include lunch and speakers, presentations. Jan Smith 410-561-1129.
Baltimore Orioles Junior Birding Club — is looking for new members. Marty, 410-583-0275, email@example.com.
SETA — an organization of single adults who enjoy sharing cultural and artistic experiences. All ages welcome. 410-668-1298 before 10 p.m. for a brochure.
Bridge Club for Singles — will host a social bridge for those who play beyond the beginner level at the Providence United Methodist Church, Towson. Second Sundays, 2 p.m. 410-321-0043.
Soul 2 Soles Line Dancers — meets Sundays, 5-8:30 p.m., 7122 Darlington Drive (Tee Bee's); adults only; $5; great soulful music; new dances and old favorites. K. Dyson, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join Your Local 4-H — for learning leadership, citizenship, and life skills for ages 5-18. Also, adult volunteer opportunities. 410-771-1761 or http://www.baltimorecounty.umd.edu.
Alumni Association of Franklin High School — meets at 308 Main St.,
Health and Support
Gilchrist Hospice Care — 11311 McCormick Road, Suite 350, Hunt Valley, sponsors the following. Registration required, GHC_bereavement@gilchristhospice.org or 443-849-8251 to register. Free.
• Mens Grief Support Group meets Sat. Dec. 17, 10 a.m.-noon., an on-going monthly group for men who have lost their spouse or life partner.
Gilchrist Center — 555 W. Towsontown Blvd., Towson will sponsor the following on-going monthly support groups. Free but registration is required. 443-849-8251 or GHC_bereavement@gilchristhospice.org
• Mothers Grief Support Group meets Wed. Dec. 21, 3-4:30 pm.
• PALS "Parenting After the Loss of a Spouse" meets Wed. Dec. 21, 6:30-8 p.m.
POKODD Support Group — Parents of Kids with Oppositional Defiant Disorder meets at Wegman's, Hunt Valley, second Sundays, 4 p.m. in the upstairs dining room. email@example.com.
• Diabetes Type 1 Toolbox for ages 18 and older, Call for dates and times. 410-337-1382 or firstname.lastname@example.org. .
• Bone Density Screenings, ages 18 and older, appointment required. 410-337-1479.
• Safe Sitter Class, Tue., Dec. 27 or Wed. Dec. 28, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., for ages 11-13. $45. 410-337-1337 or http://www.StJosephTowson.com/Events.
CHADD Parent Support Group — meets second Tuesdays during school months, at the Point in Hunt Valley, 10950 Gilroy Road, community room, 7:30 to 8:45 p.m. 443-465-3783 or http://www.chadd-mc.org.
Zumba Gold Classes — St. Stephen's Episcopal, 11856 May's Chapel Road,
The Twelve-Step Recovery Workshop — for persons suffering from any addictive or compulsive problem, held at Ascension Lutheran Church, 7601 York Road, Towson, Thursdays, 7 p.m. 410-880-2439 or http://www.12steps-recovery.org.
Tai Chi Classes — at Babcock Presbyterian Church, 8240 Loch Raven Blvd., Towson, Thursdays, 7:45 p.m., 410 296-4944.
Stella Maris — 2300 Dulaney Valley Road, Timonium, is offering a "Grief and the Holidays" seminar, Wed., Dec. 7, 6:30-8 p.m. Free, registration required. 410-252-4500, ext. 7291.
Changing Focus — Professionally lead nondenominational educational support group for adults experiencing the loss of a spouse or significant other through separation, divorce or death, meets at Calvary Baptist Church, 120 W. Pennsylvania Ave., Towson, Thursdays 7:30-9:15 p.m., new members, 7 p.m. 410-429-4459 or http://www.changingfocus.org.
NAMI Support Groups — for family and friends who care about an adult with a mental illness, held at
Adult Yoga/Pilates — sponsored by Cockeysville Recreational Council begins Jan. 3, Padonia International School CRC activity room on Greenside Drive, Cockeysville, Tuesdays and Fridays, 9:30 -10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays, 5:45-6:45 p.m. Michelle Kelbaugh, 410-683-6943 or email@example.com.
Towson Library — 320 York Road, will host the following. 410-887-6166.
• Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:30 a.m., Baby Boosters, stories, music and rhymes for 23 months and younger, with adult. Registration required.
• Fridays, 10:30 a.m., story time activities and songs, ages 2-5.
• Thu. Dec. 15, 7 p.m. Towson Book Club discusses
Cockeysville Library — 9833 Greenside Drive, will host the following. 410-887-7750.
• Tuesdays and Wednesdays, 10:30 and 11 a.m. Preschool story time, activities and songs, ages 2-5..
• Wed. Dec. 14, 7 p.m. Teen Writers' Club, ages 11-17, honing your writing skills by working with professional writers from the Maryland Writers' Association, registration required.
• Wed. Dec. 14, 10:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. Holiday Story Time, ages 2-5, stories, activities and songs with a holiday theme.
• Thu. Dec. 15, 7 p.m. Pajama Story Time, ages 2-5, bedtime stories and songs.
• Dec. 17, 10:30 a.m. Baby Boosters Story Time, ages up to 23 months, simple stories, music, movement and rhymes, registration required.
Bykota Senior Center — 611 Central Ave., Towson. 410-887-3094.
• Bingo, Wednesdays in the cafe, 12:30-1:45 p.m. Games cost between 5 and 25 cents.
• Monthly Bridge Tournament, second Thursdays, noon-4 p.m. $5.
• Cooking Under Pressure, Fri., Dec. 16, 10 a.m. Sign up Dec. 14.
• Sing-along with Jane Hersey, Fri., Dec. 16, 1 p.m. Oldies but goodies.
Tai Chi for Seniors — at the Senior Network of North Baltimore, 5828 York Road, Mondays, 12:45 p.m. 410-323-7131 to register.
Senior Craft Gallery — 1801 Glen Keith Blvd.,
Foster Parents Needed — Caring families and individuals needed to give guidance and stable homes to children and teens. Therapeutic foster parents receive training, financial reimbursement, 24-hour support, as well as personal satisfaction. KidsPeace, 410-964-9329 or http://www.fostercare.com.
Hearing Aid Study — sponsored by the Center for Amplification, Rehabilitation and Listening at Towson University is seeking volunteers. (first-time users only) Dr. Brian Kreisman. CARLstudy@gmail.com.
Emeritus at Towson — 6451 N.