Here's our look at the Trump administration and the rest of Washington:
- Military probes possible friendly fire in deaths of two U.S. service members in Afghanistan
- Trump signs executive order that could open California coast to drilling
- House okays one-week stopgap measure to avert shutdown
- GOP shutting out doctors, Democrats in effort to resuscitate healthcare overhaul
- Sanctuary cities get legal boost from conservative Supreme Court rulings
- Two American troops killed in Afghanistan near site where U.S. dropped mega bomb
President Trump says young immigrants shielded from deportation — often referred to as "dreamers" — should "rest easy" about his immigration policies.
Trump told the Associated Press he is "not after the dreamers, we are after the criminals. That is our policy."
President Obama changed enforcement priorities to protect from deportation many young people brought to the country illegally as children.
Attorneys say 23-year-old Juan Manuel Montes was recently deported to Mexico despite having qualified for deferred deportation. Montes sued Tuesday for access to records on his deportation.
Trump says Montes' case is "a little different than the Dreamer case," though he did not specify why.