Summit Entertainment is looking for some very specific types to be extras in its film “Divergent,” which is currently shooting in Chicago.
The action adventure film, which stars
The production is hiring local adults to work as extras in July in Chicago. Shoot Dates will surround the July 4th holiday and include July 5-7. The production is looking for the following:
Males/females, all ethnic backgrounds, ages 38 - 55
- with a “rural” farm hand look
- with blunt, sharp edge haircuts
- with clean cut, sharp, polished appearance
- with severe/unique/fun hair styles--funky colors are a plus (punk rock)
- with severe/fierce/intimidating appearance--athletic or body builder a plus
- with a sweet disposition, hippie, mother earth type vibe or Bohemian look - Longer hair preferred (both men and women)
Only Illinois residents are eligible to participate. Proof of your Illinois issued driver's license or state ID is required. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, and make sure to include a recent photo in a jpeg format, along with name, age, height, weight, phone number and email address. Please write "New Submission" in the Subject Line of the email.
For more information about the project and other fun items regarding extras on Divergent, please follow the production at facebook.com/DivergentExtras.
Neil Burger is drecting the movie from a script by Vanessa Taylor. Douglas Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing the project via their Red Wagon Entertainment banner along with Pouya Shahbazian. Red Wagon's Rachel Shane is executive producing, alongside John J. Kelly.