Skip to content
Family dining in Baltimore
Baltimore is all about crabs and seafood with a good mix of ethnic food, namely Italian. You can't leave Baltimore without eating crabs at least the adults. And they come prepared in many delicious ways. Pound them with a mallet; eat them as crab cakes or softshells. But don't worry, seafood restaurants know about picky eaters and have kids' menu sans crabs. Check out Baltimore's web site to find deals at restaurants.
- Obrycki's Crab House and Seafood Restaurant. Specializes in Maryland seafood, steamed crabs and fun dining. Even if the kids don't like crabs, they'll love pounding the tables with mallets. Save room for homemade desserts. On weekends reservations recommended. It includes a kids' menu.
- La Tavola Ristorante Italian. Great Italian food in the heart of little Italy. Fine dining ambiance but there's a kids' menu and they're kid friendly. Do make reservations.
- Sport enthusiasts will love the sports-themed ESPN Zone dining and entertainment experience at the Inner Harbor. Does not take reservations but there is a kids' menu.
- Hard Rock Café's down-home American food seasoned with a dose of rock 'n' roll, memorabilia, and merchandise is an Inner Harbor hit with teens. Make an on-line reservation for priority seating if there's a wait--which there usually is on weekends.
- The Food Court at Harborplace, right at Inner Harbor, is perfect for a group where everyone wants something different to eat. Plus, there are restaurants too.
- Lexington Market, five blocks from the Inner Harbor, permits parents to grab a little of everything and bring back a picnic. A great selection.
- Kooper's Tavern. Fun and food is what you'll get at this Fells Point restaurant with a kids' menu and rooftop dining, too.
- Bertha's Restaurant & Bar is a Fells Point landmark (36 years). Heavy on seafood (known for its mussels), you can get salads, omelets, sandwiches, and burgers and a kids' menu.
- If you visit the aquarium, don't eat there. Get your hand stamped for reentry and then go out and just a few steps away sit down at Houlihan's Restaurant or grab something at Potbelly Sandwich Works or Chipotle Mexican Grill.