Jonathan Martin

Former Miami Dolphins offensive lineman and Stanford alumnus Jonathan Martin watches the Cardinal play USC on Nov. 16. Martin reportedly has met again with an NFL investigator regarding the Dolphins' bullying scandal. (Mark J. Terrill / Associated Press / November 16, 2013)

Miami Dolphins tackle Jonathan Martin met Thursday in Los Angeles with NFL special investigator Ted Wells for a second round of questioning about the team's bullying scandal, a person familiar with the situation said.

The person confirmed the meeting to the Associated Press on condition of anonymity because the investigation is ongoing.

Martin was first interviewed by Wells for nearly seven hours Nov. 15 in New York. Wells then spent the week of Nov. 18 interviewing Dolphins players, coaches and staff in South Florida, and also met with suspended guard Richie Incognito.

Wells is expected to meet again with some Dolphins players before issuing a report. Martin alleges he was harassed daily by teammates, including Incognito, who has been suspended since Nov. 3.

Martin, a second-year pro from Stanford, has been with family in California undergoing counseling for emotional issues. Last week the Dolphins put him on the reserve/non-football illness list, ending his season.

When Martin abruptly left the team Oct. 28, the Dolphins had lost four consecutive games to fall to 3-4, and the scandal threatened to sink their season. But they're now 6-6 and in contention for an AFC wild-card berth going into Sunday's game at Pittsburgh.

Wells will determine the role of Coach Joe Philbin, his staff and Dolphins management in the case, which inspired a national debate about workplace bullying.

Chicago's Cutler, Briggs out for Monday

Chicago Bears quarterback Jay Cutler and linebacker Lance Briggs will miss Monday night's home game against Dallas.

Coach Marc Trestman on Thursday said Cutler remains out with a high ankle sprain and Briggs will not return from a shoulder fracture. Cutler practiced on a limited basis Thursday. Briggs went through conditioning work on the sidelines but did not practice.

Josh McCown will make his fifth start in Cutler's absence, and Trestman couldn't be certain whether Cutler would be available the following week at Cleveland.

"From the work today, it just looks like he's progressing," Trestman said of Cutler. "I haven't talked to him specifically about it, but he seemed to work through the practice very well. He did the things that the trainers have asked him to do, but didn't overdo it."

Cutler has been out with the ankle sprain since the final series of the Bears' 21-19 loss to the Detroit Lions on Nov. 10.

Cleveland's Campbell could start Sunday

Cleveland Browns quarterback Jason Campbell practiced for the first time since suffering a concussion and could start Sunday at New England.

Campbell returned to the field Thursday, the next step in his recovery from a head injury sustained Nov. 24 when he was hurt on a blindside hit by Pittsburgh's William Gay. Campbell must still be cleared by an independent neurologist — per NFL rules — before he is allowed to play against the Patriots.

Patriots re-sign Collie

The New England Patriots have re-signed wide receiver Austin Collie.

Collie played four games this season before being released after hurting his knee in a 55-31 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers on Nov. 3. He had three catches after signing with the Patriots as a free agent Oct. 3. Two of those came on the winning drive in a 30-27 win over the New Orleans Saints.

Jets' Kerley set to play

New York Jets wide receiver Jeremy Kerley fully participated in practice for the first time since dislocating his left elbow last month and is expected to play Sunday against the Oakland Raiders.

Kerley was injured against New Orleans on Nov. 3 when he was on the ground and the Saints' David Hawthorne slammed into his elbow. Coach Rex Ryan said Thursday that Kerley "looked outstanding" in practice. Kerley leads the Jets with 28 catches, despite missing four games this season.