Quarterback DAVID GARRARD of the Jacksonville Jaguars, defensive end DWIGHT FREENEY of the Indianapolis Colts and kicker DAN CARPENTER of the Miami Dolphins are the AFC Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Players of the Week for games played the eighth week of the 2010 season (October 31-November 1), the NFL announced today.
OFFENSE: QB DAVID GARRARD, JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS
* He accounted for all five of the Jaguars touchdowns (4 TD passes; 1 rush TD).
* Garrard's now has 14 rush TDs and is tied with MARK BRUNELL for the most rushing touchdowns by a quarterback in team history.
* Became only the second quarterback since 1970 to record four touchdown passes and one rush TD in a road win (TRENT GREEN, 2000).
* Garrard's 81.0 completion percentage was the second-highest of his career (82.8 pct., at Indianapolis on 12/2/07).
* He joined Brunell (11/29/98 at Cincinnati) and QUINN GRAY (12/30/07 at Houston) as the only quarterbacks in franchise history to throw for four touchdowns in a game.
* His 157.8 passer rating was the highest in franchise history.
* In his ninth season from East Carolina, this is Garrard's second career Player of the Week Award. He previously won the award in 2006 (Week 13).
DEFENSE: DE DWIGHT FREENEY, INDIANAPOLIS COLTS
* In a key AFC South matchup on Monday Night Football, Freeney registered two sacks and one forced fumble in the Colts' 30-17 win over Houston.
* Freeney now has 20 career games with two or more sacks and the Colts have a 17-3 record in those games.
* His strip-sack with :57 seconds remaining clinched a Colts victory.
* Freeney has five sacks this season and 89 in his career, the most in Colts history.
* The win improved the Colts to 5-2 and gave them sole possession of first place in the AFC South.
* In his ninth year from Syracuse, this is Freeney's fifth career Player of the Week Award. He most recently won the award in 2007 (Week 7).
* Freeney is the first Colts player to win Defensive Player of the Week this season.
SPECIAL TEAMS: K DAN CARPENTER, MIAMI DOLPHINS