Not exactly the best night for the Lakers: Kobe Bryant hurts his right shoulder, Lakers lose to New Orleans, Lakers lose their sixth consecutive game.
Here are five takeaways from their 96-80 loss Wednesday to the Pelicans.
1. Bryant came into the game shooting 37%. Then he hurt his shooting shoulder and was 50% the rest of the night with his left hand. Then again, he took only two shots with it. (He later said he wasn't worried about his shoulder.)
2. Nick Young was thankful after he emerged from a January swoon with back-to-back games of 23 and 24 points. Now he's back on the skids ... three-for-11 shooting ... nine points ... ouch.
3. Shhhh. That's five silent games in a row for Carlos Boozer, who hasn't hit double figures in scoring or rebounding since a 13-point game Jan. 11 against Portland.
4. Ronnie Price was also quiet after sitting out two games with a sore elbow. He had two points and two assists in 27 minutes.
5. With all the talk about the Lakers and free agents, it's too bad for them one name won't appear until at least 2017: Anthony Davis. He had 29 points and was a force on defense with three steals and four blocked shots.