Former USC tight end Bryce Dixon stood on the sideline and greeted Trojans coaches and players at Cromwell Field on Wednesday as USC's Rising Stars camp began.
USC announced last month that Dixon was no longer enrolled at the university. Dixon, who played in 12 games last season as a freshman, was absent from spring practices, Coach Steve Sarkisian said in March, because of an unspecified student-conduct issue. Dixon had served a one-game suspension for a student-conduct issue last season.
Dixon told The Times that he was on campus to meet with school officials.
"It was like a little conference talking about the cancellation of my scholarship. But it's like, I can't come back so I can't have a scholarship," Dixon said, adding that another hearing was scheduled in the coming weeks.
Dixon declined to comment on why he was no longer enrolled at USC.
Asked if he was treated fairly throughout the process, Dixon said "No, 100% not."
Dixon said he would attempt to enroll in a junior college for a year if he could not return to USC this season. But he would like to play again for the Trojans.
"I need to be back," he said.