Good morning, 818 readers! Today is Tuesday, June 10. The National Weather Service predicts a high of 78 and low of 61 in the Glendale region.
Your top headlines this morning:
- LAPD has identified the armed man who led police on a high speed pursuit across several Los Angeles freeways before abandoning his vehicle and roaming a North Hollywood neighborhood with a rifle. He barricaded himself inside a home and SWAT used tear gas and dogs to flush him out. Prosecutors identified the man as Nolan Perez, 41, who was charged Monday morning with seven felony counts of making criminal threats and stalking a woman between May 19 and Friday. Perez threatened to commit violence that would “result in death and great bodily injury,” according to the complaint filed in Los Angeles Superior Court.
- St. Francis graduate Christian Bergman was drafted by the Colorado Rockies and made his Major League debut Monday night against the visiting Atlanta Braves at Coors Field. Though he took the loss, Bergman pitched well, as the right-hander struck out four and allowed five hits over six innings in a 3-1 defeat.
- The man behind @HiddenCash has revealed himself and plans to give more.
- Three drivers were arrested on suspicion of driving drunk during a sobriety checkpoint conducted overnight Saturday in Burbank.
- A 51-year-old man filed a claim against the city of Burbank centered around an incident in which he reportedly woke up with a broken arm in a Burbank park following an arrested for allegedly being drunk in public, records show.
- In case you missed it, several local schools held graduations this past week. Check out the photos from the local events.
-- Nicole Charky, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.