Good morning, 818 readers! Today is Friday, Feb. 7, 2014. Weather in the Glendale area is expected to hit a high of 62 degrees and a low of 49.
We're rounding up the top headlines in the region:
- Late night talk show host Jay Leno filmed his final show in Burbank yesterday, wrapping up a 22-year career in hosting and marking the show's move to New York, where it will be hosted by Jimmy Fallon.
- Detectives are seeking information in connection with a robbery Tuesday near a Glendale motel, where a 26-year-old man was reportedly accosted by a machete-wielding man.
- A senior-facility operator wants a Los Angeles Superior Court judge to let it collect money from a future sale of Twelve Oaks Lodge — the surprise closure of which caused controversy late last year — according to court documents filed last Friday.
- Burbank High School junior Yassemeen Sa’Dullah connected on five of her seven three-pointers in the opening frame and scored 17 of her game-high 32 points to set the tone for the Burbank High Bulldogs in a 50-47 overtime win over the Crescenta Valley Falcons.
- Soccer coaches Frank Pace and Kathy Desmond will be inducted into Flintridge Sacret Heart Academy's athletic hall of fame for their leadership -- the first coaches to be given the honor.
-- Sameea Kamal, firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow on Twitter: @SameeaKamal.