Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Tuesday, March 11, 2014. Forecasters predict a high of 77 and low of 54 in the Glendale area, according to the National Weather Service.
These are some of the top headlines in the 818 region:
- For the second time, a judge rejected a plea deal from former Glendale Mayor John Drayman, who allegedly embezzled at least $304,000 from the weekly farmer’s market in Montrose.
- Opening statements began Monday in the trial of a Burbank man accused of fatally stabbing his on-and-off girlfriend two years ago at a Studio City park.
- Glendale club Complex celebrated its first-year anniversary in the Jewel City with Ground Control Karaoke, an ongoing weekly event.
- More than 100 marijuana shops have closed down in Los Angeles after the city began enforcing new rules restricting pot dispensaries, according to the Los Angeles Times.
- A La Cañada Flintridge woman and teen involved in a car crash were recovering from hundreds of stings after one of the vehicles hit a tree containing a hive in La Cañada Flintridge on Sunday.
- Authorities have identified the cyclist who was struck by a vehicle and later died at a hospital on Sunday as Melik Khanamiryan, a 25-year-old Glendale resident.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.