Good morning, 818 readers. Today is Tuesday, Feb. 4. National Weather Service forecasters anticipate a high of 63 and low of 42 in the Glendale area.
Here are some of the top news stories in your region:
- 'Beautiful Downtown Burbank' is experiencing a loss. The 'Tonight Show' has only a few days remaining at its west coast home for more than 40 years and its most recent host, comedian Jay Leno. The show's role in the community—and Leno—are likely to be missed, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Police say 10 bottles of pain medicine are missing after someone punched a large hole in a wall and then crawled through it at a Burbank pharmacy on Friday.
- Are you a voter within the La Cañada Unified School District? Residents will receive vote-by-mail booklets from the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk for the March 4 parcel tax election.
- Super Bowl commercials fans may have noticed a Doritos spot featuring a time machine. The ad that aired Sunday was co-written and starred a Burbank resident, co-winner of an annual contest sponsored by the snack company.
- Venturing to Tujunga-Sunland means history, art, and, now — delicious discoveries. Food critic Lisa Dupuy raves about former Silver Lake spot The Back Door Bakery & Cafe that relocated to Foothill Boulevard.
- The Wrap.com featured Glendale News-Press columnist Ray Richmond and his recent tribute to his brother Len, who is battling AIDS.
-- Nicole Charky, email@example.com
Follow on Twitter: @Nicosharki.