CASA at Woodlawn, a local non-profit program that serves abused and neglected children in the court system of Boyle and Mercer counties, once again will host its Derby Eve Gala. The event will begin at 7 p.m. and guests will be entertained with food, cocktails and dancing until midnight. This year’s gala will be especially eventful in that Ascension, a renowned band from Atlanta, will be the evening’s entertainment.
Guests also will have the opportunity to bid on a vast selection of trips, items and experiences during the live and silent auctions.
Some of the featured items available that evening include:
- n A trip for two to the Country Music Awards in Nashville — hotel stay included
- n A “Wine Country Vacation” to Sonoma, Calif. — hotel, airfare, wine tasting and tours included
- n Two passes to the Masters Golf Tournament — hotel included
- n A week for two in Paris, France — airfare, hotel, and special meals and tours included
- n A week for two in Dublin, Ireland — airfare, hotel, and special meals and tours included
- n A framed art piece by renowned artist Sheldon Tapley
- n A chauffeured Bourbon Trail experience
- n A shopping trip for two in New York City — airfare, Plaza Hotel stay and $2000 gift card for shopping included
Many of these items are available for early bidding on CASA at Woodlawn’s website. Go to www.CASAatWoodlawn to view or bid. Live auction items will be presented by auctioneer Johnny Durham.
In tandem with celebrating the best weekend in Kentucky, CASA at Woodlawn hopes the event will continue to fund and fulfill its mission of serving the community’s most vulnerable citizens through volunteer advocates who speak on their behalf.
In 2012, 373 children entered the local family court system due to abuse, neglect and dependency. CASA at Woodlawn was able to utilize its 68 volunteers to serve 182 of those children and assist in finding permanency for 72.
CASA at Woodlawn’s mission strives to ensure every child has a safe and permanent home. With the program currently serving about 50 percent of the child victim population, more funds and volunteers are needed to ensure the abused and neglected children of Boyle and Mercer counties are safe and have a voice in the court system.
For more information about the Derby Eve Gala or CASA at Woodlawn, visit www.CASAatWoodlawn.org; call Executive Director Laura Guerrant at (859) 936-3510; or call Recruitment/Volunteer Coordinator Jessica Johnson at (859) 936-3546.
CASA at Woodlawn is a Heart of Kentucky United Way Agency.
IF YOU GO
CASA at Woodlawn Derby Eve Gala
7 p.m.-midnight Friday
Danville Country Club
Cost: $60 per person
RSVP or information: Laura Guerrant, (859) 936-3510