Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
Jake Arrieta was pleased with his command in the Orioles' 8-2 win over the Pirates on Monday even though he allowed eight hits in four innings. ... The Orioles' spring training MASH unit had a busy day. ... Ravens safety Tom Zbikowski is scheduled to fight two more bouts in a span of two weeks in Atlantic City. ... Their season unexpectedly over, the Terps turn their attention to next year. ... "Terps" could give way to "Maryland" on the school's new football uniforms.
Hitting the links:
1. No matter his arm angle, Orioles reliever Clay Rapada is delivering [Baltimore Sun]
2. John Eisenberg wonders if the Orioles have another leadoff hitter [CSN Baltimore]
8. Mike Preston says there are far bigger worries than a lockout, like gas prices and stink bugs [Baltimore Sun]
9. The Ravens reportedly will hold a private workout with Purdue pass rusher Ryan Kerrigan [Ravens Insider]
11. Maryland fan sets a high bar for memorable tournament-time hairstyles [Deadspin]
You said it:
"Well, whether the O's win 75 or 81 or 85 games this year, the moves have stirred interest. To this fan's mind that is a good thing in and of itself. I will probably see 12 to 15 games in person and follow nearly every game all year on TV and radio." -- reader AlanRE is happy the Orioles are interesting again, even if ESPN's Keith Law was critical of the team's offseason moves
Video of the morning:
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.