Each morning, Monday through Friday, I'll hook you up with some reading material to skim through as you slug down coffee and slack off at the start of your workday -- that way I'll have an excuse to do the same at the start of mine.
Running it back:
The Orioles were nearly no-hit by the Yankees on Wednesday night in a 10-0 loss. ... Craig Tatum is eager to get healthy so he can compete for the backup catcher job. ... The NFL lockout was on the minds of former Terps such as Torrey Smith and Alex Wujciak at Maryland's Pro Day. ... The Red Wings snapped the Capitals' nine-game winning streak.
Hitting the links:
2. What's your biggest Orioles concern with two weeks remaining before Opening Day? [Orioles Insider]
4. Where is the Orioles' extra two percent in their international efforts? [Camden Chat]
7. Todd McShay has the Ravens taking a pass rusher and a wide-out in his latest two-round mock [ESPN]
8. Maryland's Torrey Smith didn't disappoint at his pro day, which the Ravens attended [Ravens.com]
9. March sadness: For the first time in nearly 20 years, no Maryland teams are in the tourney [Baltimore Sun]
10. Kevin Cowherd: Don't bet against Duke adding to the misery of local basketball fans [Baltimore Sun]
12. Here's our high school sports spring preview [Baltimore Sun]
13. Ted Leonsis: It’s not "Stanley Cup or bust" this year for the Capitals [Capitals Insider]
You said it:"This is like taking inside the park home runs away in baseball." -- reader birdsofprey02 would not be pleased if the NFL accepts proposed rule changes to kickoffs and kickoff returns
Video of the morning:
Tiger Woods thinks this, um, "spectator noise" is hysterical
Send me your funny and/or interesting links, photos, YouTube videos, blogs, Tweets, comments, emails, ideas, leads, etc. If I deem them to be worthy for the blog, I’ll give you a plug. You can reach me at Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com and twitter.com/mattvensel.