16. Aaron Hernandez, Patriots: Will the Ocho and a healthy Wes Welker hurt Hernandez and Gronkowski?
19. Tony Moeaki, Chiefs: He had a few good weeks in his rookie season. Now it’s all about consistency.
20. Jermaine Gresham, Bengals: Tight ends are often a rookie quarterback’s best friend.
If you really want to draft a rookie…
I guess it would be Jordan Cameron or Kyle Rudolph, but trust me, you don’t want a rookie tight end.
Three tight ends with sleeper potential…
3. Owen Daniels: He was the top-ranked fantasy tight end when he went down in 2009. He’s healthy now.
Three tight ends I’d draft with caution…
1. Tony Gonzalez, Falcons: Like I said, he is old. And Julio Jones will cut into his red-zone touches.
2. Jeremy Shockey, Panthers: This is my annual disclaimer to not get your hopes up for Shockey.
3. The Patriots tight ends: Both guys were surprises last season, but how will the touches be distributed?
(For my quarterback rankings, released on Monday, click this link. You can find the running back rankings right here and Wednesday’s wide receiver rankings are here. Look for kickers and defenses on Friday.)
Matt Vensel is a blogger and community coordinator for The Baltimore Sun. Send your fantasy questions and comments to Matt.Vensel@baltsun.com, @mattvensel on Twitter or leave them in the comments section below.