Topics

Cheesecake Factory
Probe launched into carbon monoxide death at N.Y. mall
Probe launched into carbon monoxide death at N.Y. mall

HUNTINGTON STATION, N.Y.  — Officials investigating a carbon monoxide leak at a New York mall are concentrating on the heating system of a restaurant there. A manager at Legal Sea Foods restaurant died and more than two dozen others were sent to hospitals after the leak Saturday at the Walt Whitman Shops in Huntington Station on Long Island. All of those affected by the fumes were restaurant employees, police or ambulance workers, said Suffolk County Police Lt. Jack Fitzpatrick. “Right now, we are inspecting the heating system, and this incident seems to be confined to the basement area,” Fitzpatrick said. “It does not appear to have made it in the area...

Loading